Price: $8.99
Aroma: Blackberry, licorice
Flavors: Jammy berries, mineral quality
At first taste, this wine was very... Meh. High acidity on top of too much jam. John threw in the towel, but being the dedicated researcher I am, I decided to let it rest 20 mins and give it another go. It has mellowed nicely and the flavors are starting to come through. Its lush in the mouth but still has maybe a tad too much bite. Being a 2010, I am not expecting much different. It tastes young, but it is grocery store wine so it's not like we are honestly going to let it rest for another two years. It did not compliment my pumpkin and butternut squash soup like I had hoped. My soup had a spicy element to it, and I had hoped the spice of the Garnacha would bring that out. The acidity of the wine kind of overtook the dish. For under $10, it's OK but I don't think I'll buy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment